Wednesday 7 May 2014

Day 2

Day 2 - 2014-05-07

Since I had to stay at work longer, I didn't have as much time for development as yesterday.
Nevertheless, I came up with some cool ideas for the tutorial area and worked a bit on the prototype.
Here is the result:


The beginning sequence has our main hero waking up in a dark and lonely dungeon, trying to mend his broken mind with dreams, memories and hope (represented here by a ghost of his young self) - that's how he restores his sanity and the game would begin proper.

That's all what I could implement today.
The idea was to harken to the "good old days", freedom and imagination brought by childhood memories, which then re-kindle a person's "inner fire" and stir one towards something truly great - something that can re-vitalize not only the individual, but change the world in the process.

Many say that today's games lack this child-like wonder. I too want to bring the magic back. Will you join me?

The dialogue text used in this sequence comes from a poem my mother wrote once:


"Dreams"
(translated from Polish to English)

Return to me, dreams unfulfilled!
I will discover you anew
You wild, sensual, new...
to revive you

to dust off and resurrect you
to see you through
and fulfill
fulfill
fulfill.

I tried to ask arround deviantART to find a 3D artist, but to no scuccess.
Let's see what tomorrow will bring...

Thanks for reading!

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment