Wednesday 15 July 2009

Game engine change

I admit that it's not my first attempt to create a video game.

During the past years I've been using many game making tools. The one I know the most is The Games Factory from Clickteam. It's an event-driven WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. I've made many unfinished games in it, so many that I can't even count them!

I've also tried similar tools: Multimedia Fusion and The Games Factory 2 (both by Clickteam), Game Maker (which bluescreens-resets my laptop) and Construct by Scirra.

To advance in my IT knowledge (and my studies) I've decided to switch to C#. Basically, game-making apps are limited by their functionality. Programming languages are not so limited and thus more functional. I started to like programming while studying my IT course.

I'll give more info about the engine I've written in C# soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment